Volunteering in the hospital environment helps to respond to the non-healthcare needs of patients and their families. In this way, through volunteer programmes, health centres can offer more personalised care and encourage a model of supportive and empathetic relationships between patients, their families and professionals, to create a friendlier environment. In general, voluntary action is based on these values:
- Respect for the dignity and autonomy of people
- Commitment to the project
- Responsibility when developing the activities
- Respect for and adherence to the values that guide voluntary action
- An attitude of responsibility and commitment.
- Over 18 years of age or over 16 with parental permission
- Develop the activity in a voluntary and free way
- Dedicate a minimum of 3 hours, one day a week to carrying out the volunteer work (although in some cases these may be occasional or less-regular interventions)
Thanks to the PICAP record company and the singer-songwriter Eva Gabarrell for the copyright granted for the song "Germana meva".